There are many games that try to emulate and take advantage as they can from the amazing success that Diablo and Diablo II game have enjoyed. Maybe Kivi's Underworld is one of them.
If you feel pleasure defeating numerous monsters on your way and clearing dungeons after dungeons of the presence of evil as you collect certain items and experience, probably you'll like Kivi's Underworld.
To tell the truth, it is not the best game "Diablo type” available at the present moment but that will not prevent you from having a good time playing it. Of course, the appreciation is a matter of likes so it’s pretty personal. The graphs are correct, not excellent, and the same can be applied to the rest of the game.
Probably the people who will appreciate Kivi's Underworld the most will be those with not very powerful PCs, since there are not many new games that can run on machines with 128 MB of RAM and 100 MB of hard disk.
When you first enter the game, you’ll be reaching the main menu with the following options on it:
- Change User: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different profiles and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Play: to start playing the first chapter of the game, after viewing a game introduction.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like sound volume, music volume, and full/windowed screen.
- Bestiary: to select your preferred character.
- Credits, Awards and Exit: no further explanation required.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.99 dollars, right from the Sun Bear Games Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need in order to run this game. Take a look to the list:
- OS: Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows Vista
- Memory: 128 MB
- CPU: P 1.2GHz
- It has good graphics and sound effects
- It’s a fun game with a great scenario
- You can buy it for an affordable price
- The interface is only available in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported